NDL’s Top 10 Insider Guide to Safaris
Posted: September 2022
Luxurious safari Lodges are popular with honeymooners, or chosen as once-in-a-lifetime special anniversary treats. Often quoted as #LifeGoals, safaris are seen as an opportunity to enrich day to day living.
Safari Tours, both in the UK and further afield, rank highly in our popular ‘wish-list’ media promotions, where one winner gets to fulfill a life goal they never dreamed could be made into a reality.
So as VIP prize content providers (and also mostly Londoners) we were very excited to hear about the May opening of the Gir Lion Lodge in ZSL London Zoo. The capital’s popular zoo is welcoming guests into the heart of their new Land of the Lion’s development, to stay in ‘a room with a zoo’, within roaring distance of the lions themselves.
Inspired by this, and to offer up some safari ideas to make your next promotion a ‘roaring success’ (sorry…) we’ve put together our own ‘NDL’s Top 10 Insider Guide to Safaris’, ranging from some of the world’s most incredible travel experiences to unbeatable UK family adventures:
1. Botswana Safari: the Duba Plains in Okavango Delta recently made it into The Telegraph’s Ultimate Travel Bucket List but our favourite is The Elephant Experience at Camp Jabulani.
2. West Midlands Safari Park: with VIP Experiences including the Lion House Proposal and Rhino Keeper for the Day, this fantastic park comes high on our list of Best Ever Family Days Out.
3. Zoo African Safari Park, Toulouse: 600 animals spread over 20 hectares, just 20 km from Toulouse, makes this delightful French Safari Park a truly African Reserve experience, set in the heart of Europe.
4. Imbali Safari Lodge, Kruger National Park, South Africa: despite a seriously early start, a day in the life of Imbali sounds like a pretty unique lifetime experience. We particularly like the sound of a sundowner G&T, watching the brilliant African sunset, in preparation for a romantic dinner under the stars.
5. Aman-i-Khás, India: This amazing wildlife camp consists of just 10 air-conditioned tents, sitting on the threshold of the Ranthambore National Park, home to tigers, crocodiles, leopards, jackals, sambar deer and some 300 species of birds.
6. Woburn Safari Park, Bedfordshire: this award-winning attraction offers safari tours by road or on foot, as well as a whole host of leisure activities designed for families to enjoy being together and seeing animals in a beautiful environment.
7. Londolozi Private Game Reserve, South Africa: the name ‘Londolozi’ is based on the Zulu word for protect, meaning ‘protector of all living things’. World renowned, this huge reserve is one of the original pioneering Private Game Reserves of the ecotourism industry in South Africa and is a fantastic, family run operation.
8. Port Lympne Reserve, Kent: part of The Aspinall Foundation, and home of the UK’s original and authentic African and Asian Safari experiences, Port Lympne Reserve is set deep in the Kent countryside. From big cats, gorillas and giraffes, to long-lost dinosaurs and themed adventure play areas, there’s something to keep everyone entertained.
9. Longleat, Wiltshire: Celebrating its 50th Birthday this year, Longleat was the world’s first drive through safari park outside of Africa. If you’re visiting in September, why not try their amazing Sky Safari by Hot Air Balloon?
10. Sanbona Wildlife Reserve, Western Cape, South Africa: we booked a recent prize promotion winner on an all-expenses paid trip to see the Big 5 at the stunning Sanbona Wildlife Reserve , just a 3 hour drive from Cape Town. Sooo jealous.
Interested in running a safari-themed promotion? Just call our team on 020 7428 1214 and we’d be happy to send over a tailor made proposal to match your needs.